Monday, September 13, 2010

How hard is it to follow instructions?


Following instructions is not hard, but it doesn’t help when a lecturer explains something in class then it is interpreted differently by students. Sometimes it even seems that each student has their own interpretation even though we were all sitting in the same class and given the same instructions by a lecturer.
Sometimes I think it’s just best to not ask any of my class mates to repeat instructions that where said in class by a lecturer when I didn’t understand them because if I do they end up confusing me even further. That’s why it is always best to ask the lecturer to explain something that you are not clear about. Otherwise you will be playing broken telephone the whole time.

Why is it though that we have different interpretations when we are given instructions in class, I ask myself? It is a bit scary though, knowing that we will be going into the industry soon and we are supposed to be specializing in communication. What kind of mixed messages will we be sending out when we are terrible at interpreting simple instructions?
Come on people we need to listen up carefully and learn to follow instructions appropriately.

Signing out> Sbosh

No comments:

Post a Comment