Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Deadlines…

When I looked up the meaning of this word I obtained the following definition. A deadline is time limit as for a payment of a debt or completion of a task or an assignment. It clearly seems that the 2nd year Public Relations students at CPUT don’t know what it means. For some reason they seem to think that a deadline is guide line to when a task should roughly be completed then they submit a few hours later or even a day later.

They do not submit their work on the stipulated date because that is something they simply can’t do. I do believe that I have been supportive, delegated tasks and gave back feed back timelessly to them but I haven't necessary received the same response from my students. Sometimes I felt like I was being a b**ch, having to chase after them most of the time in order to receive work for them.

What I don’t understand is that this is a group effort, we will all be graded on this project yet to be it seems like the 2nd years think they are doing me a favour. If we were in a work environment; I would have fired them by now or at least given them a written warning.
You can only bear with people to a certain point, there is a point when you have to say enough is enough.

Signing out> Sbosh

No comments:

Post a Comment