Thursday, February 11, 2010

A journey

Can you believe that on new years eve i was at home with my friends doing absolutely nothing, as in the early hours of the 1st of January we would be driving to Port Elizabeth. I was devastate when i realised that we wouldn't be doing anything on new years eve as i knew that everybody else would be going out and having fun some where. One party I knew about was the Miller party taking place at the gorgeous Protea Fire and Ice hotel. I knew that we would be missing out on so much fun. We were awake when the clock hit 00h00 and we welcomed 2010 in doors. Next thing i knew it was 04h00 and time for us to get ready, and so it was time for us to commence on our journey to Port Elizabeth with my two girlfriends.

We had to make sure that we stayed awake on the road , so on our first stop we had to stock up on Red Bull and some food as we hadn't eaten since the night before.

The trip seemed so long, we were singing a long to our favourite albums in order to keep our selves intertained, sharing our thoughts and creating memories. I can't beleive the number of albums we listened to. Finally we arrived arrived in PE at about 12h30 which wasn't too bad, as it took us just over 7hrs for us to get there. We were exhausted, as we hadn't slept for hours. I simply can't wait to have another road trip with my girl friends.
Durban, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. Well, i used to travel by bus from Cape to pretoria and i enjoyed the trip and the lanscape. But the difference is that it took me 17hrs to get there. So what you did was peanuts. Anyway it is better to travel on the ground than in the air.

    ReplyDelete