Thursday, August 12, 2010

Life as a student...

Being a student is something that is not easy. I hate the fact that for every little thing that needs money I have to ask my parents for cash as I am currently studying full time and I don’t have a part time job. Therefore I have to bear hearing my parents say that “at least you will be working next year, and we will only have your little brother to worry about.”

Being a student means completing assignments and having deadlines to meet each week. It also means that I have to do work during the weekend. Sometimes I can’t even meet up with my friends during the weekend because of deadlines I have to meet, which they sometimes find hard to understand as they are currently working.

There are benefits of being a student though, one is that we can sleep in until much later compared to people who work as we usually have classes that start later in the day. We usually get home before people who work, we don’t have to be at tech for example from 09:00- 17:00. I would like to think that our hours are very flexible.

We also usually get student discounts for tickets to some events and for some items. I can’t forget the holidays we have has students, for instance the last holiday was eight weeks long, and when will I ever experience that again?

I might miss being a student though next year when I become an employee, but the best part of it all will be having a salary at the end of the month to spend as I please.

Signing out>Sbosh

No comments:

Post a Comment