Friday, July 16, 2010

Friendship…



I wonder how it would be if someone didn’t have any friends. If they were just a loner, did their shopping on their own, went to the movies alone, went to parties alone basically did everything on their own. Would that make things simpler for them or not?
Sometimes friends are the very people who have the ability to disappoint you or break you as a person because they know so much about you. Friends are the very people you let close to you; you share every aspect of your life with them. What happens when things turn sour between you and your friend/s? Does the other friend start bad mouthing the other in order to look good to other people? Do you start blaming each other for your rift?
It’s not always easy to admit that you are wrong, plus I hate it so much when you keep on telling a friend to stop doing something that offends you but she continues to do it without considering how you feel. You would like to think that she is the one person who would listen to you since she knows you so well.

There are times I feel that it is not worth building friendships with whomever you meet. Some people have cruel intentions, they plan to just use you to get whatever it is that they want from you then ditch you for no apparent reason. Then you are left wondering what went wrong.

Friendship is a very tricky relationship, but I don’t think I would be able to survive without having friends. It’s not easy trusting people out there, but you have to give some of them the benefit of the doubt. I definitely don’t want to be a loner. I want to be able to share my hopes and dreams with my friends, have girl talks, have sleepovers, talk about guys and laugh about silly things.

So let me end of by saying that I do have faith in friendships and I hope you also do.

Signing out> Sbosh

1 comment:

  1. So true Sibongile, friendship can be a very tricky thing. I do believe that not all friends are good for you. Sometimes you have to really think twice before deciding to be someone's friend because some people are just not trustworthy. But then there are those who make life so much more fun and interesting and whom you can trust.

    ReplyDelete