Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Try a cliché.



Most people avoid using clichés as they say that they are over used, so they should rather try to be creative by approaching things differently and not using “ready -made” statements or methods but rather come up with innovative ones so that they can be different and stand out from the rest. In some arcticles you read, you find that there are some writers who don’t mind using clichés, as clichés have the ability to make a clear statement, because people are familiar with them so meanings are easily established.

Clichés don’t apply to just statements, a cliché can be a set method or a formula for doing something that has been followed for years without question. Sometimes you think that it is rather safe to follow or use something that has been tried and tested. Maybe you should keep it safe and try a cliché, who knows it may just work well.

I am guilty of trying to avoid using clichés, as if I were to use one I tend to think that people will assume that I was too lazy to come up with something original or that rather I decided to use an expression that I know could work, rather than risk formulating my own expression that people may not find catchy.

I know that it becomes a bit of a challenge, but if you are not too sure about your ideas, you can always try a cliché, it can bring about the results you are looking for.

Signing out> Sbosh

No comments:

Post a Comment