Thursday, April 22, 2010

The sound of one hand clapping…

It had always been my childhood dream to learn how to play the piano one day, but I never got the opportunity of learning to play it as a youngster. Instead I would just sit and gaze and admire the beauty of a piano each time I happened to come across one and imagine performing a song that I had composed in front of a large audience in an auditorium of some kind.

I would have been counting the days to my performance, hoping that every thing would go right as I would have been rehearsing for weeks before hand making sure that I had perfected my musical piece.

The room would be packed to capacity, with every one waiting to hear me play in anticipation. I would be nervous and excited looking forward to sharing my music with every one else, as a matter of fact with the entire world at some point.

I would step on stage take a glance at the audience and be amazed. I would smile as I take my sit right before the piano and place my notes on the piano stand. I would say a little prayer and let my hands carefully work on the piano and start playing my beautiful music.

As I caress the piano, I would drift a way in thought as I serenade my audience in song. The audience would seem very engaged and connecting with the song. Soon I would hit my last note and there would be a silence…

A terrible silence, then I would hear the sound of one hand clapping…
Then everyone else would clap as well and stand up indicating the appreciation of my song.

Signing out> Sbosh

2 comments:

  1. Hey very poetic! Piano is one of my favourite instruments. My uncle can play it and i grew up listening to its cradling sound. There is a famous French pianist called Richard Clayderman he is my favourite you can google it and listening to its Masterpieces its a joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, never knew you had an interest for piano. I played the piano but only up until grade 1 lol. Pathetic I know, but just like you I never had one a home so it was a mission to get to the studio practice, go home come back and thats why I initially stopped. If you really want to still do it, do it my friend! and let the world be your oyster!mwa

    ReplyDelete