Thursday, April 29, 2010


They say that first impressions last but do they really last?
Usually when I first encounter a person I scrutinize the way they are dressed, the way they talk and the way they present themselves. By looking at a person’s appearance one can assume a lot of things about them.

If I go into a shop for the first time to buy let’s say a dress, hopefully I will be approached by the sales person who will assist me further. It is at that moment when I will form perceptions about that particular shop. If the sales person is kind and able to assist me with what I want, then I will have a good first impression concerning the shop.

In an interview you only have one opportunity to convince the interviewer to hire you; therefore you have to make a good first impression. You will make sure that you are well dress and that you answer the questions you are asked the best way you can. Basically you have to sell yourself through presenting yourself as the best candidate for the job.

How you look and what you say will determine whether you get the job or not. You may not want to admit it, but it is true when they say that first impressions last.

So go on and seize the moment by making good first impressions in whatever situation you may find yourself in.

Signing out> Sbosh

1 comment:

  1. I do believe that first impressions do last. Therefore, we need to look presentable at all times. But it's not only the way you look that is important but the way you act around people is important too.

    ReplyDelete