Monday, February 22, 2010

Cardiac failure



When we are born , we have a heart beat of 90- 160 per minute, which is higher than an adults as it takes longer for the blood to travel through the body and back to the heart where it needs to be pumped again. A newborn's blood doesn't have to travel as far, and reaches the heart quicker.

Your heart is a marvelously constructed pump that forces blood to all parts of your body. The heart is such a delicate organ that deserves to be well looked after. Yet you find people who don’t look after it well, when all that is required from us is that we eat well, by this I mean avoiding to many fats that contribute to heart disease. We need to have a healthy diet and regular exercise which are all good for the heart.

I do try to eat as healthy as possible by buying products that are available in lean variants as well as in low fat. Let me be honest though, when it comes to exercising the only excersing I do is when I walk from the parade in town to tech in the morning and when I walk home. On average I walk for about an hour each week, which I believe is not too bad. I could do with a bit more exercising though.

You are young and smart, now let me not hear that you have experienced cardiac failure any time soon. If that should happen; let it be after you are at least in your eighties.

Signing out> Sbosh

1 comment:

  1. I know about that Sisi you told me that your unique workout is walking. That ain't enough you should try to do something on your own i know it is not easy; but you will achieve great things like reducing your aging process or keep you mentally sharp... try, you'll see. I'm also involved in live well-eat well process, the hardest is to keep up because sometimes we are invaded by laziness.

    ReplyDelete